Sunday, November 22, 2009

My First Post

Yay! my first post!


I suppose I should start off by telling the internet world a little about myself. I am literally the title of my blog, a preppy, pink ballerina. I was born into a VERY southern family. You know, complete southerners. They eat fried chicken and collard greens every night for supper, are total republicans, constantly talk about the "good-ole' days when a young ladies had the manners not to forget there white gloves when going to church", and say things like "oh my stars" and "dear sweet lawd jesus" and call everyone "daaaaaalin". Throughout my entire life I have tried to distance myself from this we-are-so-much-better-than-everyone-else-because-our-last-name-is-all-over-important-stuff-cause-we're-southern-royalty attitude that my relatives carry. I try to speak without a southern accent, I don't judge people by their race, religeon or last name, and I have never ever called anyone "daaaaaaalin" and I don't plan to. But there is one thing that I'm not ashamed to have inhereted from my family, and that is my overwhelmingly preppy style. That's right. I'm a lily pulizer wearing, lacoste loving, pink obsessed prep and I'm not ashamed of it. That brings me to the pink part of my blog title. Along with being obsessed with all things preppy, I'm also obsessed with pink. If it's not pink and/or preppy, I probably won't buy it. Another thing that I am is a dancer. I actually just started taking ballet classes a little over a year ago and contemporary classes a few months ago. I am by no means talented, but I've always been a dancer. The reason I am such a late starter again goes back to my family. They tried to force me to play tennis for years because they thought it was a "proper young ladies' sport" (btw I know it sounds like I'm really dissing my family a lot but they really are good people, they just have their flaws) But anyway back to the dance thing, I couple months ago I got put on pointe which was really exciting and I've been working really hard and I'm hoping to move up a level next year. So yeah that's basically me....

No comments:

Post a Comment